Wednesday, October 16, 2013

One Month Check Up

We had Isaac's one month check up today and just as I suspected based on the growth of his rolls, he has packed on the pounds.  He came in at 11 lbs 4 ozs.  That's more than 2 lbs in a month!  Unlike his sister, who stayed in the 30-40% range until recently, he is over 80% in height and weight.  The doctor asked me if his dad was "sturdy" and then told me that his son would probably follow suit.  I didn't tell her that I was actually the bigger baby out of the 2 of us, because while he may be a big baby like me, he definitely has his dad's wide rib cage. 

His tear ducts are still clogged and can stay that way for a year.  The doctor also confirmed that he had a small umbilical hernia (something else he got from his mother).  But fortunately he won't have to have surgery, his is only half a centimeter and should heal on its own.

While I was thrilled that our boy was doing well, Isaac seemed a little less impressed with everything....

No comments: