Friday, September 20, 2013

Soccer Mom

I signed Ansley up for soccer pretty early in my pregnancy.  Back when I thought Isaac would be here closer to the end of August instead of the middle of September.  As we approached the end of my pregnancy it became clear we would be cutting it close.  Ansley actually missed her first game because her brother was born the day before.  (We gave her the option of going but she wanted to stay with us)  I was adamant that she wouldn't miss any more... there were only 6 games/practices and she had been SO excited.  So that means I was at the soccer field with my 8 day old baby.  I figured I might as well jump into this whole 2 kid thing with both feet.  But look at this face... how could I NOT take her??



Since it was a 3 and 4 year team they didn't really have games, it was more drills and skill building games.  This meant there was some parent involvement.



Ansley kicks with her left foot even though she is right handed.  Look at that form!



Staying hydrated.





I loved watching her braids fly when she ran.



Soccer did not disappoint.  I mean, look at this face... clearly she is enjoying herself.



The fact that these were not official games didn't deter the grandparents.  She had her own cheering section.



So proud of our little soccer star.




No comments: