One last picture of the pregnant mom.
And one of dad.
The broke my water at 9 am and hooked me up to a pitocin drip. Apparently I had more fluid than my midwife had ever seen and it was why I wasn't going into labor. When I would go for a walk I would have contractions every 3 minutes for an hour or so, but the second I came in and sat down they would stop. There was so much fluid he would float back up. I started at the lowest dosage and gradually worked my way up thru out the day. Ansley was fascinated with my IV.
I naively thought that labor would be quick. After all, I was past due and already dilated to 4 cm when I checked in. I honestly thought he would be here by lunch. I was wrong. Just like I did with Ansley, I spent quality time walking the halls of labor and delivery. I just had to wheel my IV with me this time. My family graciously took turns walking with me.
I hit a wall about 6:30 pm. I had been stuck at 7 cm for at least an hour, I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and was feeling weak, and the contractions were getting unbearable. After a few tears, I talked to Josh and decided that I was not a martyr, bring on the epidural! I had no idea that you have to take 2 bags of fluids before they can give you an epidural. So I had to wait on those to get in my system and for the anesthesiologist to finish up a c section. I was more than a little frustrated, I had finally hit my breaking point, I had caved and decided to have the epidural and then they told me I had to wait. Where were my drugs?! Fortunately they put a pain killer in my IV to take the edge of some of the contractions. (where was that an hour or so ago?) The anesthesiologist came in, introduced himself, and told me to swing my legs over the side of the bed while he got everything ready. As soon as my feet hit the floor I said (yelled) "It's time to push!" The anesthesiologist disappeared in about 2 seconds and they went to get the midwife. Just like I did with Ansley, I panicked and told Josh that I couldn't do it when it was time to push. But I sucked it up and 3 contractions later he was here!
Isaac Scott Morgan was born at 7:25 pm, weighing in at 8 lbs 15 oz!
Before they even handed him to me I commented on the fact the he looked JUST like his daddy.
Speaking of his daddy, once again, Josh was my rock during labor and delivery. His ability to read me and know what I need is just amazing.
In love from the beginning.
Josh praying over our new son.
Once he was cleaned up, Josh went to get Ansley. We were adamant that the first person to meet Isaac was his big sister.
Her reaction was priceless. So incredibly sweet.
Naturally she wanted to hold him.
Ansley wanted to make sure Isaac had a bitty blanket just like she did, so we had gone shopping earlier to find the perfect blanket for her to give her little brother. She thought he needed these receiving blankets too.
Isaac had a special big sister present for Ansley too. A big sister charm bracelet!
After Ansley had her moment with Isaac we gave the rest of the family the go ahead to come in. You would think it would be the women breaking down the door to come in... Nope. It was the grandfathers.
Ansley wanted to "help" whoever had her brother hold him.
So blessed to have family that will sit and wait patiently all day.
Since he was born later in the day it was almost 9:45 pm before we got to our mother/baby room. We got the car unloaded and settled, fed Isaac, and crashed. We had a pretty steady stream of visitors the next day, family, friends, and church family. We took pictures with almost everyone that stopped by, here are just a few...
Isaac and Mom, dressed for the day
Aunt Lynn
Gramps, Isaac's great grandfather
Grammy, Aunt Stacy, and Uncle Michael
Aunt Shelley and Huddy
Aunt Shelley stopped by earlier in the day, and then later that night with Kevin.
Seriously, my nephew should be a Mayfield's model
Poppa and Nana came by with Ansley after Poppa got off work
And a little over 24 hours later, we were headed home in our outfit from Poppa and Nana!
Going home as a family of four!
We waited a long time on Isaac... trying to get pregnant and waiting for him to finally decide to make his big debut. But just like his namesake in scripture, he is the answer to our prayers and I know God had big things in store for him.
Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.” Genesis 18:14
*Thanks to mom for all the labor and delivery photos :)
No comments:
Post a Comment