Friday, July 19, 2013

Recent Randomness....

A friend from church was kind enough to pass along this hair dresser's station that her 2 girls had recently outgrown.  When they were talking about giving it away one of the girls said, "Mom, this has Diva written all over it!"  She couldn't have been more right.  We have been doing hair on a daily basis around here.  Even Dodger isn't immune from her newest hobby.



We met my friend Jenny and her son Bennett at Catch Air one morning.  After they had sufficiently worn themselves out we loaded up and went to Chick fil a.



The only thing that has slowed us down recently was the cold that Ansley caught (and then passed on to me).  My girl has never been much of a cuddler, she's too busy for that, so while I hate that she doesn't feel well... I eat these moments up.



I have painted Diva's nails before but now that she is Ms Independent, she wants to do it herself.  Since her mom tends to be somewhat of an OPI snob, I'm not about to let her practice with mine.  But she has a great Nana who bought her some of her own kid nail polish (translation: washed out MUCH easier).  Look at her focus.



She was SO proud of herself.




A close up so you can really see them... a bright pink hand and a glitter blue hand.



(I would like to note, she decided she needed to wash her hands and had it completely washed off about 15 minutes later.)

While she may be growing up, it still doesn't take much to make my kid happy.  One day it was a simple as letting her take a bubble bath in my garden tub. 



I'm pretty sure this was the first time I had ever let her do that and she asked if she could take a bath in there every day.  I told her I thought daddy might not like the water bill if we filled that tub up twice a day.

One last photo.... my poor dog becomes Ansley's playmate when she gets tired of me or her baby dolls.  Introducing the newest princess...



 That dog has the patience of Job.  And not a single shred of masculinity left.

 




No comments: