Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy He has Risen Day!

Ansley woke up Easter morning and discovered that the Easter Bunny had come!



It was a Doc McStuffin kind of Easter Basket.



Ansley had never seen a Pez dispenser before and was a BIG fan.  Keeping with the Doc McStuffin theme, she kept saying she was taking her medicine.



Lambie was a HUGE hit.



I'm not sure why this was the face of the morning....



She wanted to make sure I saw Lambie.



After a sugar filled breakfast, we were ready for church.





We went to Gramp's house for lunch where the sun had NOT come out and it had NOT warmed up.  Fortunately Aunt Betsy was prepared and let Ansley wear one of Taylor's sweatshirts.



Regardless of weather, there were eggs to be hunted!



I think she pulls off the sporty-chic look pretty well.



Dinner was at my parent's house, where there was another Easter Basket waiting on not only the grandkids, but some goodies for the big kids too :)



I love this picture of Shelley and Huddy.  How adorable does he look in his bow-tie and suspenders??



We tried to get a picture of the kids together...



but sometimes life happens...



and the kids just aren't having it.  This is the closest we got.  Real life at it's best :)



We have read the Easter story every year with Ansley, but with her hungry, growing little mind we tried to continue to stress the true meaning of the day this year.  By the afternoon she was wishing people a "Happy He has risen day!"  One of the sweetest moments was when she had the following conversation with my mom in the car (from my mom):

Ansley and I were in the car today and after passing a church Ansley asked,"Nana, can I tell you about Jesus?" She proceded to tell me the entire story of the crucifixtion, burial and resurrection ending with, "and Nana he comed back to life! He's alive!"

No comments: