Ansley was really excited about the party. She wanted to know if it was her birthday party and if she could be the party girl.
We had our families come dressed in pink or blue based on their guess. (I have no idea why my child looks so unhappy) Team Pink:
Team Blue:
Ansley was actually Team Pink but she wanted to sit with her Nana so she's in both pictures.
Once we had the team pictures Ansley set to work opening the big present.
I tried to get some reaction pictures and managed to get two good ones. My mother in law...
And my sister...
The balloons were....
Isaac Scott Morgan it is! Yes, I know I was in pink and yes, I know I was wrong. I should have never doubted my little prophetess.
After everyone freaked and hugged, my mom handed me a present to open.
Cool story: My mom had been really secretive about what she thought the Littlest Morgan was going to be. So much so that she wasn't even sure if she would wear pink or blue to the reveal party. She said that she had been praying and thought she knew what it was but she wasn't supposed to tell. I didn't even know that she thought it was a boy until she showed up to the party. Mom was so confident that she bought Isaac's first outfits. But the part of the present that made me cry was the note in the box:
Mom said she isn't sure she's ever heard God audibly speak to her but the morning of January 11th He told her that I was going to have a baby this year and that it would be a boy. Mom wrote the verse down, dated it, and then saved the card. Needless to say, as soon as I read it I cried.
After all of the commotion had died down, I had cooked dinner for everyone so we just hung out and ate. It was so nice to be able to celebrate with our families and just enjoy being all together. Isaac is being born into an AMAZING family.
No comments:
Post a Comment