Sunday, April 7, 2013

Good Friday

Josh was off on Good Friday so we decided to surprise Ansley with a trip to the zoo.



(note the growing presence of the Littlest Morgan)



She was SO excited and the weather was just perfect.



The size of these turtles blew her mind.



I'm so glad I decided to french braid her hair since most of the pictures are of the back of her head...



The petting zoo wasn't quite what we expected.  Since Nana's neighbor has goats that she feeds on a regular basis these weren't overly impressive to her.



All Ansley could talk about the whole time was seeing the bears. 





Zoo Atlanta has a huge primate section thanks to Willy B.  But the downfall of taking a 3 year old to the zoo, a monkey is a monkey.  Once she'd seen the gorillas, the orangutangs and other primates were just more monkeys to her and she's seen that already.



Being silly with Daddy.



I took a picture of the wart hog because it was one of the ugliest creatures I've ever seen.  I feel like the Lion King lied.



One of Mom and Dad's favorite animals at the zoo, the elephants.



They were doing some training exercises right when we got there and Ansley was as enthralled as we were.



On the way home we asked Ansley what her favorite animal at the zoo had been.  "The chipmunks!"  A family of not-so-shy chipmunks played in front of us on the sidewalk while we were going between exhibits.  Josh muttered under his breath, "We could have gone to the mountains today and seen chipmunks for free...

"I know it's corny but I just can't resist... it really was a good Friday :)

No comments: