Monday, December 27, 2010

Tramatic childhood experience....

We all have those traumatic childhood experiences that form our adult psyche. I once told my dad that I wanted to be a singer when I grew up and he laughed. I have discussed this with him several times over the years (translation: given him a REALLY hard time about it) and he has no recollection of the conversation. He attributes his laughter to the fact that I wanted to be something different every other day and he probably didn't know I how serious I was or he would have never laughed. But he did, and to this day I refuse to sing solos or in any situation that allows my voice to be singled out. But those are my issues, on to my child's.....

We took Ansley to see Santa this year. She wore her Christmas dress, snowflake tights, and a big bow. We went to see Santa at Bass Pro (awesome reindeer, fun free activities, and free 4x6) and it was a Christmas miracle that we even got to see him. A girl, probably 13 or so, asked if we were going to see Santa on our way in and handed us her appointment card. The card was for 7:30 and since it was only 5:15 or so we thought we'd go in and get a better time. Imagine our surprise when we found out Santa had sold out 3 hours earlier! Suddenly 7:30 wasn't so bad. When we finally got to see Santa, this is what happened:



We eventually did end up with a good picture, one with her in a chair by herself and no idea that Santa was behind her, but this was our Christmas encounter with Santa this year. Hope there is no long term damage done.

No comments: