Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we went to Josh's parent's house for a big breakfast, and of course to open presents.

Cousins: Anthony and Julianna



Ansley's stack of presents to open was bigger than she was but she went to work on it and actually did a great job ripping the paper off.





And of course the chosen present of the day was a baby doll. It never ceases to amaze me how much of a girl she is... not because I'm that way, she just innately loves her babies and will even kiss and rock them.



After a brief afternoon nap, we went to our church's Christmas Eve service. I was a little nervous about Ansley sitting thru the hour long program since sitting quietly isn't something she does... ever. Last year I'm pretty sure she slept thru the entire thing in her carrier. But I am happy to report that she was awesome! Granted it took an entire container of cheerios and some puffs that my mom and I fed her and there were a couple happy squeals but nothing too bad. I would put my finger to my mouth and say "Shhhhh", which she thought was funny and would then mimic me and tell me to "shhhh." Our church serves communion on Christmas Eve and my worst fear was that my dad would be assigned to our row because if Diva saw him I guarantee you there would have been a very loud, "POPPA!" Afterwards everyone commented on how great she did (which is something a mom loves to hear) and she got to run up and down the aisles to burn off some energy.

No comments: