Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Friday

My mom, my sister and myself have gone shopping on Black Friday for the past few years now. We don't go for anything in particular, we just like to be a part of the chaos and madness. I know that sounds strange but it's kinda how we kick off Christmas, we try to knock out a chunk of people on our list and it is a great opportunity for Shelley and I to show mom what we want as well. Last year my very sweet husband offered to forgo his annual hunting trip (he disappears into mountains with his dad and some friends for about 4 days) and keep our barely 1 month old so that I could get out of the house and go. So this year Josh went back up to become one with nature and Diva got to come shopping with the girls! I thought about finding someone to watch her but everyone I knew was going shopping and then mom and Shelley offered to help keep her happy if she got fussy. I am proud to announce that my girl is a trooper! Here we are at our fist stop of the day, Target.



(And yes, I am tired. We didn't leave mom's until 7:45 but because she's not used to spending the night at Nana's Diva was up at 5 am and ready to go for the day.)

And here is Diva around lunch. She napped for an hour with all of the madness at the Mall of Georgia going on around her.



We were done for the day a little after 2 pm and Diva was definitely starting to hit her breaking point. By the time I got her home she was stumbling tired. Needless to say she slept really well that night.

No comments: