Thursday, June 28, 2012

Easter at Babyland General and opening day

Obviously I'm a little behind.... and my timeline is a little out of order.... oops.

In years past I have spent opening day of trout season with my husband and his family on the lake fishing, up at dark-thirty even in the rain.  This year however, my sister and I opted to take our little ones to Babyland General for their annual Easter event.  Ansley had been going on and on about Babyland since our last visit on her birthday so I knew she would be excited to go again.  She told me this was "Ansley Baby".



Hudson wasn't as excited, but he was a trooper and posed for all of our photo ops :)




I didn't know what Ansley would do when she saw the life size Cabbage Patch Kid, she freaked when we went to see Santa.  She LOVED it.



She kept hugging her and walked up and told her she liked her shoes.  I had to make her walk away so that they other kids could get a picture.  Shelley and I got really tickled at her.

We decided we needed a break in the rocking chairs.



There were several craft and food booths set up around the "hospital" and we decided that we needed homemade icecream.



We ended up leaving before the egg hunt.  It wasn't until 2 pm and that would have made for a really long day for the little ones so we ended up meeting Daddy and going out for lunch instead.

Since Daddy hadn't had very good luck earlier that morning he decided he wanted one more go at before he called it a day.  Since the Amicalola is just down the road from us, Ansley and I decided to tag along.



He didn't catch anything, but Ansley loved throwing rocks in the river with her Daddy.  He tried to teach her how to skip rocks but she didn't quit get it, she ended up heaving them as far as she could instead.

No comments: