I still rock Ansley before bed every night. I don't rock her until she falls asleep, we just cuddle and sing for a few minutes before I lay her down. (she's my baby so I will rock her as long as she lets me) I love our time in the rocking chair, just the 2 of us. But since her vocabulary has expanded she has started requesting songs like I am her own personal iPod. Sometimes I'm not even 2 lines into the song and she is requesting another song. And she's come up with her own song titles:
"twinkle twinkle star how-I-wonder-whatchu-are"
"Jeeeesus" (Jesus Loves Me)
"baa baa sheep! yes sir yes sir!"
"ding dong" (Are You Sleeping)
"rock a bye baby"
"B-I-B-I-B" (The B-I-B-L-E)
"da da da" (The Office theme song)
"Pop!" (Pop Goes the Weasel)
Sometimes the requests come while we are driving and if I don't start singing right away I hear, "Momma sing? Twinkle twinkle? Momma sing?" And I love it when I hear her singing the few lines she knows to her babies in her super high little voice while she rocks them.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the personal iPod is a very useful thing to have... But sometimes they try to turn it off before the song is finished... And sometimes you're not ready to stop! :). Ruth is bad about telling me to stop singing. Sigh.
Post a Comment