Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dying Easter Eggs

Last year when we dyed eggs Ansley's primary interest was licking/sucking on the eggs. I knew this year she would want to be much more involved in the process and in the name of motherhood and memories I set it up so that she could do it all herself.

I got all of the dye mixed and put down several towels on the kitchen floor. I figured this way if she spilled anything I could just mop it up.



Old habits die hard so I wasn't too surprised to see her sucking on the eggs.



I showed her how to do it once and that was all that it took for her to take over.



She double stacked a few of the eggs but I was please with the results.



And in case you couldn't tell, she was too :)



She was a little rough with them so we had to keep them put up on the counter, but we would walk by and look at her eggs several times a day. Once we were in the Easter clear I let her play with, hunt, and do whatever she pleased with her eggs.

No comments: