Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter

Like I have mentioned before, it always surprises me how much the holidays change from year to year. Not the traditions themselves, but how much Ansley's understanding and involvement in the traditions changes things. Easter was SO great this year.

The Easter Bunny remembered Ansley's current obsession with "quack quacks" so it was a quack quack themed basket.



She was pretty pleased with what she found.



Besides the amazing shoes I found for her to wear, I was really proud of Diva's toes. I painted them for the first time! I had no idea how hard it would be to paint such tiny toes, especially on such active feet. No one looked close enough to see my not so perfect paint job and from a distance they looked great.



Sundays are always hard because it throws off the routine. Lunch and nap time get pushed back and apparently Diva was extra tired this Sunday. She asked for Bear, Mo, and her cup and she was out.



She was still a little out of it when we got to Gramps' house so she WILLINGLY sat in my lap on the rocking chair outside for a good 30 minutes. For my active little girl, this is a rare thing so this Mama soaked up every minute and got photographic evidence.



This is the infamous Gramps. Everyone that meets Gramps loves him, he is such a great man. Looks sharp dressed up too.



There are always several photo shoots going on when we get to Gramps' house, families trying to get the family Easter photo and all the different kid/parent/family combinations. This is Ansley with her cousins, Anthony and Julianna.



I got a posed photo of Josh and Ansley but this is my favorite, I think it more accurately captures their relationship :)



The Farmers are famous for their egg hunts. Not only are there a TON of eggs, they try to make it as difficult as possible. For example, Ansley spotted an egg and then needed Taylor's help, as well as her Uncle Skip's.



Yes, the egg was up the in tree. And I might add that it took Josh boosting Skip up to even get the egg up there to hide it.



She also enlisted the help of her Aunt Lynn.



After lunch with the Farmer crew we loaded up to go to my parents to eat pulled pork that my dad had made with his homemade BBQ sauce. And the Easter Bunny not only brought stuff to Nana and Papa's house, he brought stuff for Mama and Daddy too!



Nana helped her explore this basket.



We hunted eggs again at my parent's house and it was just as exciting as the first time she did it. She ran all over the yard, picking up eggs going "oh wow!".



And she racked up again, as usual (even if she was the only one hunting:)



She also busted out the basket-as-a-hat look again.



My mom, also known as Betty Crocker, made a bread bunny.



Not only was he cute, he was delicious! I used his paw as a bun for my BBQ :)

*I realized that I did a poor job of getting everyone's picture this year. Didn't get all the grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and cousins- I'll do better next year.

No comments: