Monday, September 27, 2010

Her own sense of order…

Considering the fact that her mother is an accountant and her father is an engineer, it isn’t surprising that my daughter likes order and routine. I am amazed how quickly she comes up with her own idea of what should and shouldn’t be done. For example, before Josh started fall semester he would get Ansley up in the mornings while I got ready. Apparently he would stop by the basketball goal we have hanging on the hall closet door (yes, it’s his) and let Ansley touch the rim and move it up and down (it has a “shot block” feature where the rim flips shut). They only did it a few times but now every morning she points to the goal as we walk down the hall, we try to say “basketball”, she plays with the rim and the net, and then we go on with our morning. Another one of her routines is that at Nana’s house they go outside after her morning and afternoon nap. We were at my parent’s house one Sunday afternoon and laid Ansley down for a nap after lunch. I got her up from her nap and brought her in the living room with the rest of us and you should have seen her get upset! She started fussing and crawling towards the back door.

Not only does she like her routine but she likes certain toys to be just so. This toy has to have all of the animals pushed down.

It doesn’t matter where she is in the house or what she’s doing, if she hears these things pop up she comes over in hurry. I’ve noticed she usually works from the middle out and she gets really worked up if you come behind her and undo everything she’s just done.



Unlike the previous toy, this one has to be in separate pieces. I think it’s because she’s discovered that the tower sings and lights up if you press the top of so she views the tower as a separate toy from the star rings.



But just like the other toy, if she sees the stars on the tower she makes it her number one priority to take it apart. I got tickled last night, Josh would race to put it together before she could get her hands on it to take it apart.

It is amazing to see this little personality and sense of logic coming together. Who knows what this will mean when she’s a teenager, maybe I’ll never have to ask her to clean her room!

No comments: