Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First attempt with solids….

And by solids, I mean Gerber Oatmeal:) Ansley has shown all the signs of being ready for solid foods for awhile now. She sits up and is more than fascinated when anyone around her is eating. There have been several times she has reached for our plates and she just stares with wonder while you chew. Below is an example of said fascination. And yes, the lid is on securely. I am not giving my child Mountain Dew.



So this past Saturday we decided we would give it a try. She will be 6 months in 10 days (what happened???) and I was curious to see how her fascination with food would translate. She seemed to be thrown off by the texture (hindsight, I think I should have made it a little more watery) but she enjoyed what she swallowed. And I’m happy to say the mess wasn’t catastrophic!





One of the problems I encountered is that Ansley preferred to gnaw on the spoon as opposed to actually eating from it.



I will probably make another attempt this weekend. I’ll let you know how it goes:)

No comments: