* I survived my first day back. I cried when I left her, I cried the whole way down GA 400, and I cried on and off at my desk until lunch. When I got home I picked her up and held her until I laid her down for the night. I know that I can’t do that every night, it will spoil her, blah, blah, blah, but I missed my kid. Tuesday was still hard but I didn’t cry. I hate leaving her and I definitely bolt from work to get home to her, but I’ve learned I’ll survive. She is with my mom while I am at work so she couldn’t be in better hands, and I enjoy the adult interaction at the office.
* My girl has SO much personality these days. She loves to stand (yes, stand) on your lap and chat. She smiles, coos, squeals, and coughs. I have to remind her that coughing isn’t talking, we have to use our words :) We sit and discuss everything from my day at work to how crazy her dad is :)
* Ansley has been sleeping thru the night for awhile now. She goes to bed at 8:30 and will sleep until 8 the next morning. I could not ask for a better baby.
* At her 2 month check up last week Ansley weighed a little over 11 lbs and was 22.5 inches long. She also already has what the doctor called “stranger awareness” and it means exactly what you think it does. She shouldn’t be able to distinguish strangers for a few more months… my girl is brilliant.
* Her nicknames so far: kid (this really is a term of endearment, my dad calls me kid to this day), pea-doodle, Ansley Beth, diva, bird, and my dad calls her Annie.
Below are some new photos of her and I have updated the album to the left. More to come later, I promise!

2 comments:
sweet pictures! hope you're adjusting back to work well.
She is just beautiful! So glad you are surviving! :)
Post a Comment