Thursday, January 14, 2010
"Coughing isn't talking, use your words"
Ansley wants to talk so bad she can’t stand it. Since she was barely over a month old she would stare intently at you when you spoke to her and you just knew she was going to open her mouth and respond. Everyone that meets Ansley makes a comment to the affect of “you can tell she’s talked to”. Of course she is! When I was home on maternity leave she was my only consistent adult interaction during the day for 9 weeks and if you know me at all you know I like to talk. I talked to her like she was an adult and we discussed everything. Well, Ansley has been cooing for awhile now and she gets so excited when you coo back. But she can’t coo consistently, she stares at your mouth with her mouth open and moves her tongue around like, “how do you get that noise to come out?” Sometime she squeals and it startles her :) But one thing she has learned to do is a fake cough. So when I talk to her or ask her a question, she coughs back. I remind her several times a day that “coughing isn’t talking, use your words.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your blogging! It's a wonderful thing to do for y'all as well as Ansley.
Post a Comment