I cannot believe my baby is going to be 3 months on Saturday. Where did the time go? (super cliché, I know, but appropriate) Our lives have been a whirlwind of activities and schedules. I have adjusted to being a “working mom” and Josh is knee deep in classes like “solid mechanics” and “fluids”. We are surviving, even doing well, but it is exhausting. It is nice to be back to something pre-baby, to be some version of your old self and use that part of your brain again. (As brilliant as she is, Ansley has no interest in financials and excel spreadsheets) I have some great friends at my office and we are back to email banter and lunches out. I even get to do some reading at Starbucks during lunch. But you better believe when the clock hits 4:30 I am walking out the door to go get my baby. Contrary to what I had told myself, she has NOT forgotten who I am and she still very much loves her mom. One of my girlfriends was encouraging me in my “mommy guilt” and said one of the biggest blessings in going back to work was seeing the bond her son had with her parents. I am so blessed to have a mother that is not only willing to keep Ansley, but wants to. I can’t imagine what kind of special relationship Ansley will have with her Nana and Poppa and it is amazing the relief/encouragement that thought brings me. We moved to Georgia from Tennessee when I was 4 years old (Go VOLS!) so we only saw my grandparents a few times a year. Ansley is spending hours a day with hers!!
As to Ms. Ansley’s progress at 3 months:
* She loves to nap on her stomach
* She is a morning person. We have no idea where she gets this, but when I get her up to go in the morning she is all smiles and coos.
* She has an opinion. A strong one. If she wants to move or, heaven forbid, drops her pacifier she will let you know.
* She doesn’t like to share your attention. If she is sitting in your lap and you take a phone call she will fuss until you get off.
* She still thinks coughing is talking.
* She hates shoes, she prefers to barefoot or in socks.
* She is fascinated with the clothes in her closet. When we go find clothes for Nana’s house or church we stand in front of her closet and she is wide eyed. (I would be too- diva’s got some clothes!)
* She prefers to be upright, either sitting or standing (with a little balance help from mom)
* She LOVES Dodger. She will just stare at him and lean in towards him. When he licks her cheek she leans back, blinks, and then leans right back in for more.
1 comment:
ok, so this picture of her is just about too cute for me to handle! What a sweetheart! Glad ya'll are doing so well!
Post a Comment