Friday, June 14, 2013
Kingdom Rock Vaction Bible School
This year our church offered VBS for preschoolers as well as elementary school age kids. They got to go from station to station just like the big kids for story time, snack time, craft time etc. As much as Ansley enjoys Awana's I knew she would LOVE vacation bible school so I signed her up and volunteered to help with the older kids. We opened and closed VBS with a celebration rally and once Ansley realized I was a few rows behind her with my kids, she would turn around and wave and sometimes make a dash down the aisle to stand by me for a few minutes to sing and dance with me. She would talk to me about it the whole way home and then come home, sit her dad down, and then tell him all over again. I'm not going to lie, it was a tiring week (being pregnant probably didn't help). Dinner for volunteers and their families was at 5:30 and VBS was over around 8:15 but it was always 9 before we actually got out of the church. It was tiring, but so worth it. Not only to see what it did for my daughter but our church ministered to over 300 kids that week! My daughter is STILL singing the songs and talking about bringing her pennies to church for the penny wars next time. I took pictures almost every night, but sadly they were lost in my iPhone upgrade :( The only one I have is from the family night celebration they had for all of the kids and their families. Keeping with the Kingdom Rock theme they had horse rides for the kids. Ansley has been asking to ride a horse FOREVER so this was a huge deal for her. In case you can't tell by the smile on her face, it was everything she hoped it would be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment