"...as pretty as Rapunzel"? Seriously, who needs Hallmark? When it comes to my kid that is the highest form of praise. I teared up immediately and I'm pretty sure I floated for the rest of the day. I told Josh that alone was enough for me, but because he is a great husband there was more. Books!!
We picked up breakfast at Daddy D's on the way to graduation and then after saying good bye to some of our awesome students, Josh surprised me by stopping at Chick-fil-a for lunch. It was perfect, not only because I could eat there just about every day, but Ansley was able to play on the playground and burn off all that energy from sitting quietly thru the ceremony. As if this wasn't enough, there was more! Josh told me we had time to kill so we went to walk around the outlet malls, where he also purchased for me the maxi dress I had been eying. Then came the big surprise of the day, an hour massage at the spa! I love, love, love massages but add to that the fact that I am pregnant and a little achy and it was PERFECT. Josh picked me up when it was over and we went home to crash for a little while. The final surprise of the day was dinner. We very rarely ever eat out twice in one day, much less for all three meals, but since I cook 5-6 nights a week, Josh knows what a treat it is for me to not have to cook. At all. The final meal of the day was hibachi. Last time we ate there was about a year ago and it scared Ansley. This time she was a little more prepared and more grown up. The fact that they gave her chopsticks 9that she referred to as "chapsticks" all night) really sealed the deal for her.
By the end of the day I was relaxed, stuffed, and felt very very loved by my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment