Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

It is still a little weird to me that I'm a mom when it comes to making Mother's Day plans.  (She's almost 4 and I'm pregnant with my second... I should have picked up on it by now).  I still feel like the kid who celebrate her mom.

We celebrated Patty's Mother's Day by going to lunch Saturday at Olive Garden (of course I didn't bring my camera).  Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church.  The sun was blinding, but I wanted a picture with my girl.



After church we went to my parents' to help pull together my mom's Mother's Day dinner.  Dad grilled chicken and corn while Shelley and I assembled the sides.  After lunch mom opened her presents with more help than she needed.



Huddy got in on the action this year.  I don't know what Nana is going to do when Isaac wants to help.



I took this picture last year and wanted to get it again this year.  I'm hoping to make it our annual Mother's Day photo.  All of the mom's and their children.



We sat outside on my parent's deck after lunch for a long time and ate ice cream while the kids played in the sandbox, swings, and just ran around.  It was wonderful but we were all wiped when we got home (nobody got their usual Sunday afternoon nap).  This isn't a great picture since it was snapped with my phone but it was a Mother's Day miracle.  My child very rarely cuddles with me, much less for extended periods of time so this was precious to me.



No comments: