Monday, March 5, 2012

Our own version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off

My mom keeps Diva once a week so that I can work, run errands, and get a little peace and quiet. It's a break that we both need and enjoy. Every now and then Nana and Poppa offer to let her spend the night and Josh and I (always!) take them up on it. I dropped Ansley off this past Thursday morning with her Nana and headed to Gainesville to run some errands. I was in Target looking at accessories when some guy came up behind me and said something. (I have no idea what it was, I was trying to not only figure who knew me, but who in the world would get all up in my personal space like that) I jumped out of my skin and was shocked to turn around and see MY HUSBAND with single pink rose. Things were slow at the office for him, so he had taken the day off to spend with just me! I had a few things I had to pick up, so he helped me shop for shoes at Target and get groceries. We stopped at a new antique store on the way home (I think it beginning to be apparent we are closer to 30 than 20) and made an impromptu decision to grill out for lunch since the weather was so nice.

When we got home, I unloaded groceries while Josh set up the grill. Then we spent the afternoon sitting outside grilling and then chowing down on blu cheese burgers and sweet potato slices. It was so great to just sit outside and enjoy the weather and each others company. And since we were both stuffed, we decided to take a nap with the windows open. It. Was. Awesome. I can't tell you the last time I took a nap in the middle of the day.

We ended the evening going to the movies. I was still stuffed from the burgers but Josh can't go to the movies and not get an Icee. It was an all around perfect day. My husband has a romantic streak (obviously) and plans some pretty awesome dates for us, but it was so great to be spontaneous and have just as much fun together.

" Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "

1 comment:

Mrs. Lance said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!!!!