Monday, December 19, 2011

Big Girl Bed

We switched Ansley to a big girl bed November 15th (I'm a little behind). We weren't in a hurry to make the switch, I liked that I could put her in her crib and she couldn't get out :) Transitioning Ansley into a big girl bed also meant that I wouldn't be the one to put her to bed anymore. My kid is a little too type A sometimes and once a routine has been established, there is no going back. Now that Josh is home in the evenings, he wanted to be the one to tuck her in and say her prayers. The problem was I had been rocking her and putting her bed since she was born since he was in school. We decided that switch to a big girl bed would be the time to introduce the new night time routine. Needless to say, I wasn't going to rush that. I was working one afternoon during nap time when I heard a crash and then a cry. My daughter had tried to scale the crib and fell out. Fortunately there was no real harm done, it just scared her, but that night her dad turned her crib into a big girl bed.



She was SO excited.





The transition has gone really well, we told her she couldn't get out of her bed until we came to get here and we haven't had any issues. Such a big girl.

No comments: