Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The little things

It is the little things that I love about my little girl. And because I have never been more aware of how quickly time is passing, I decided to make a list of the little things.

* The incomprehensible, constant chatter. I make out a few key words here and there but Diva talks non-stop. And it is even more amusing to hear her talk on the phone. I end up putting Josh, my mom, or my sister on speaker phone and Ansley begins a very serious, sometimes adamant, conversation.

* When she randomly comes up to me when we are playing on the floor and hugs me and says, "MU-AW! Love you!" and then walks away.

* I put her up on my knees and because she knows what's coming, she uses her high voice and says "Oh no!" as she smiles at me.

* Poppa, my dad, taught Ansley to wink this weekend. She scrunches her whole face at you and it is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

* When she's sleepy she'll come up to me and say "Rock-a-baby".

* The conversations we have when I rock her at night. She'll lay her head on my shoulder for a minutes and then pop up and want to talk about something like my nose. Then when I ask if it's time to go night-night she says "rock-a-baby" and then puts her head back on my shoulder. Anything to not go to bed.

* She tells our dog Dodger "Bless you!" when he sneezes.

* Any time I wear a v neck t shirt she will sit on my lap, pull the bottom of the neck up to my chin, and say "there you go". At least she's modest.

* The fact that she makes it her personal responsibility to make sure Dodger obeys. If I tell Dodger to get down off the couch she continues to yell "Down!" at the poor dog for the next few minutes.

* She loves fried okra. She asked me for "kokra" at 10 am this morning.

No comments: