Ansley has always been very verbal, but some of the newer additions to her vocabulary trip me out. My favorite is "No ma'am!" Yes, she does hear that frequently throughout our day and yes, she knows exactly what it means. She likes to drop food from her high chair to a very eager Dodger below, which always get a "No ma'am!" from me. Well, she will take blueberry, hold it over the edge of her highchair, and say "No ma'am!" She does this when she gets near the dog's water bowl, the cabinet with the cleaning supplies, and when I ask her if I can change her diaper. I really get tickled when she yells it at her babies or the dog.
Her newest phrase is "big girl!" We have talked about the girl in
If You Give A Pig A Party but apparently Nana called her a big girl one day and it stuck. Not gonna lie, part of my heart broke when she told she was a "big girl!" Mom couldn't believe I had never called her that, but she's not a big girl, she's my baby! But once the initial sting wore off, it was cute to hear her call herself that. She finally learned how to pull herself up onto her turtle one afternoon and then looked at me very triumphantly and said, "Big girl!"
Life is definitely going to be more entertaining with her added commentary.
No comments:
Post a Comment