Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Year, New Everything

2011 is a big year for the Morgans. My husband, after 5 years of working full time and going to school full time, will graduate in May with a mechatronics engineering degree from Southern Poly. This means a new schedule, one that will allow him to get home at a decent hour and be able to spend his nights and weekends doing something other than homework. For me, after working as an accountant in Alpharetta for 6.5 years, I am working from home, part time, for the first time in my life. My previous company was in the process of reorganizing and downsizing, and long story short, my last day was December 31st. Josh and I were told early into November that my position was being eliminated at the end of the year so we took that opportunity to evaluate where we were and what we needed for our family. My company gave me severance so we knew we had some time before I absolutely had to find something and we knew with Josh graduating early May that my income would no longer be as important. And just to reassure my type-A personality that He is in control, I actually found my current job before my time at NAMB ended. Without going into all the logistical details, this job is perfect. It is a great accounting firm out of Cumming and I work with the small business division. It's 20 ish hours a week and totally on my terms. My mom kept Diva 5 days a week when I went back to work at NAMB so obviously the thought of not having her at all was not exciting. So we worked it out where Ansley goes to my mom's 2 days a week and I knock out most of my work those 2 days. Anything else that comes thru during the rest of the week I handle during her long nap. I can not say enough how much I love this job. It still provides me with a professional outlet while allowing me to be home and be mom. I know I am biased, but my kid is awesome, and I love that I am home during the day to listen to her talk, laugh, and play with Dodger. I'm sure there will be days that it is trying to be home and that I will miss my office life, but after being a full time working mom for a year and trying to juggle it all, I won't complain. We have been praying for an opportunity for me to stay home with Ansley ever since she showed up and the timing on this job could not have been better orchastrated. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of care and grace that God extends to His children. And when I am in the floor tickling Ansley and I see her scrunched up face with her belly laugh, I give thanks.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lance said...

I bet your mom would probably keep Ansley if you wanted to put on a business suit and go meet some friends for lunch near their offices :)