Monday, March 29, 2010
She * MIGHT * get this from me…
I’ve mentioned before what a champ Ansley is when it comes to sleeping. I put her to bed between 7 and 7:30 and I have to wake her up at 6:40 to take her to my mom’s during the week. One thing I’ve noticed is how much my daughter dislikes any type of light in the morning. I keep the house relatively dark when we’re getting ready (I have vampire like tendencies and have gotten ready in the dark for years) and usually only have a lamp on the living room. But sometimes even this proves to be too much for Diva. When I lay her in the pack-n-play to change her diaper she will grab the edge of the blanket, pull it over her face, and try to go back to sleep. When I was younger my dad would come in my bed room and flip on the lights to wake me up. I would jerk the blankets over my head and he would then promptly jerk them away. I would recoil and fuss about how mean it was to wake someone up that way. (my dad took pride in coming up with creative ways to wake us up in the mornings, and the fact that I hated mornings so much only made it more fun for him) The roles have changed a little, my daughter doesn’t enjoy being woken up with bright lights and I think it’s funny:) Below is a picture I took when I had to turn the lights on in her room to get something out of her closet before we left. She was NOT happy with me…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment