Saturday, October 24, 2009

Still here... Still pregnant

Sorry for the blog neglect, I am still here and I am definitely still pregnant. The past 2 trips to the doctor Ansley has had a heart rate of 130 and we found out on the 14th that I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. My eyes must have gone looney-toon-saucer size because the mid-wife quickly assured me that it didn't mean I wasn't going to make it until my due date or that I wouldn't go into labor that night, all it meant was that my body was ready whenever she decides to show up. But 60 is such a HIGH number, I mean, it's over half way....needless to say I had Josh put the car seat in the car that night. I cognitively understood that at 37 weeks she could be born and be considered full term, but because everyone tells you that you are going to be late with your first, I was functioning under the mentality that I didn't even have to think about her coming until Halloween. That was quickly corrected:)

One slight bump in the road, my throat started to feel scratchy last Sunday but I attributed it to the change in weather and just ignored it. Wednesday morning I woke up at 3:30 am with excruciating pain in my right ear and was awake for the next 2 hours with the pain. I went to see a doctor at lunch that day and was diagnosed with a wicked ear infection. As a bonus, I seem to have a sinus infection as well. I made the mistake of thinking I could go into work Thursday since I had started my antibiotic the night before but as the day progressed I felt worse and worse. Afraid that I would go into labor and not be able to breathe, I decided to take Friday off to rest and try to speed up my recovery. I am happy to report that the need to take Tylenol every 4 hours for my ear has passed and I am breathing MUCH better this morning.

That's all for now, I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was noticing the title of the latest blog, "Still Pregnant" and remembered the first one being something along the lines of "No Way"... Funny to see the progression of the blog titles, and the outlook and emotions changing along the way. God is so sneaky! He teaches us things when we don't even know we're learning. I am SO happy for you and Josh, and can't wait to see my new baby cousin. Love you all!!!