Monday, October 5, 2009

2 days away from week 37

I’ve got to stop promising day after doctor appointment updates since that clearly never happens. My appointment on Thursday was great, Ansley had a strong heart rate of 137 and they are going to do a sonogram this Thursday to see how much they think she weighs. They told me that whatever they estimate her weight at on Thursday, I can add a half pound a week to her weight until she gets here. I am curious to see if she is as big as she feels kicking around in my ribs:)

Josh and I started birthing classes on Saturday- we opted for the 2 all day sessions instead of the once a week for 5 week sessions so we’re halfway done! I think it is because I felt the need to do so much reading on my own, I didn’t really hear anything new Saturday. (I did see some video footage that was disconcerting but that’s another story) We also got to tour the hospital and see the women’s health building with the different rooms that they use during the different stages of labor, where you can and cannot have visitors, how family checks in etc, which was really interesting. We also got to pre-register with the hospital so that when I show up in labor they already have all of my critical personal/insurance information. The more I can get done ahead of time the less stressed I will be then.

It is so odd to think that I could have Ansley any day now and she would be considered full term. It feels like just last week that I found out I was pregnant. Everyone keeps asking us if we’re “ready” and I never really know how to answer that question. We’re ready in the sense that the nursery is done (with the exception of the rocking chair, and oh the drama of that saga), she has everything she could ever need, and all the proper paper work has been filled out with my insurance and office. But how can you really be ready for something like a baby? Especially when you have never done this before and aren’t really sure of what you are getting yourself into. I may not be sure of what it means to be ready, but I do know I’m so excited to meet my little girl.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Just say you're ready. The more you say it out loud, the more you'll feel it :). And if that doesn't work, here's a direct quote from me, your cousin with the masters in Health and Development, "you're ready."