Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weeks 32 and 33 (because I'm a slacker)

This week Ansley weighs almost four and a half pounds and could be up to 19 inches long. She could grow a full inch or more this week alone! I am feeling tapping and squirming instead of her rocking and rolling these days (she is spending more and more time in my ribs). That's because, while comfy, Ansley is a bit tight for exercise space right now and the level of amniotic fluid has reached its max- making it more baby than fluid now. She has also settled into the head-down, bottoms-up position in my pelvis in preparation for birth. While she is still getting nourishment through the umbilical cord, in anticipation of that momentous transition to mouth feeding, her digestive system is all set and ready to go. And because she is accumulating more fat, her skin is finally turning opaque (like yours), which means those see-through days are over. In preparation for her big arrival, Ansley is sleeping like a baby — with sleep cycles of 20 to 40 minutes long (which would also account for the decrease in movement I’ve noticed these days). And she has also reached an important milestone: The development of her own immune system that (along with antibodies from me) will be able to provide protection from mild infections.

I had an amazing shower with Josh’s side of the family Saturday and made a lot of progress on the nursery- pictures coming soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? We get a play by play of the shower in Tn, complete with the attendance sheet, and all you've got for the last shower was "I had an amazing shower with Josh's side of the family." There better be a lot of "pictures coming soon"

Mrs Morgan said...

I'm waiting for the play-by-play of this weekend's shower until I have the pictures to upload. I have them on my hard drive, just haven't had a chance to upload them with all the nursery set up that went on this weekend. Cut the pregnant woman a break:)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll let you slide ;). I can't wait to see Nursery Pictures!!!