I am not normally a super mushy/sentimental kind of girl, I prefer sarcasm. But I can honestly say, I love being pregnant and think I might miss it after she's born. (it's only taken me 30 weeks to get there:) There is something so fantastic about having her with me all the time, I feel every kick, roll, and punch. I know it will be wonderfully different once she gets here and I get to see and hold her, but there is just something so special about carrying my daughter all the time.
I had a doctors appointment today and everything was great- heartbeat was 127 and I'm measuring exactly 30cm. The big news in development this week is Ansley's brain. Until now the surface of her brain was smooth. Now, her brain is taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. Those wrinkles allow for an increased amount of brain tissue - a necessary change as she prepares for life outside your womb. Another big change at 30 weeks pregnant: Ansley's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells). This is an important step for her because it means she is better able to thrive on her own once born. Much of the lanugo - the soft, downy hair covering her body - is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating her body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore).
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment