Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Week 29

Ansley is almost 17 inches tall now (given the genes she’s inheriting, something tells me she’s not done growing), and close to three pounds (a weight that will likely more than double — and again with genetics, come close to tripling — by delivery time). Her wrinkled skin is smoothing out as more fat is deposited under the skin surface, which provides more energy. This explains why my ninja of a child feels so energized. Space in her living quarters is now at a premium, so I’m feeling jabs and pokes from elbows and knees mostly. But these kicks are more vigorous than before (and also less erratic) because she is stronger and excitedly responding to all sorts of stimuli — movement, sounds, light, and those cookies and cream pop tarts I ate half an hour ago :)

I go to the doctor again next Wednesday now that I am on that every 2 weeks rotation. (I have never spent so much time in a doctor’s office in my entire life) I will be interested to see what she says about my weight since I have decided to, not ignore, but to postpone her advice about gaining 20 pounds. After getting feedback from other moms out there I’ve decided that I am going to maintain my current eating/exercising habits. Those of you who know me know how much I love food (a girl’s gotta eat), so I’m definitely eating enough, and for the most part I have tried to stay with the more nutrient packed foods. (with the exception of some Zaxby’s here and there, good grief its good) So I have decided to let my body do what it will. If my body naturally puts on an additional 20 pounds, fine. If it only puts on another 10, fine. Unless it is detrimental to Ansley, I think I’ll pass on the milkshakes with every meal:)

No comments: