All is well with the kid! We went yesterday for our 16 week check up and the heart rate was 147. I, of course, was concerned because it was 166 last time and that seemed like a huge jump to me (hello, first time mom here). I was told it was more than okay by my very patient midwife:) I have gained 7.5 pounds so far, which is great because it feels more like 15 most days. I am still in most of my clothes, but I have had to stop wearing my dress pants (too high waisted). I discovered yesterday afternoon that my khaki shorts will not fit for much longer (J Crew is not forgiving). I was able to wear them, but only after I rigged them with a ponytail holder :) I went to Old Navy today at lunch and bought my first pair of big girl shorts. They aren’t maternity, just a bigger size, and they also had some cute skirts with stretchy waistbands that I bought in the next size up.
I FELT OPTIMUS MOVE! I thought I might have felt him once or twice before, but I wasn’t sure because it was short and faint. Wednesday night Josh was praying before we went to bed and Optimus fluttered the whole time!! (I warned that Josh we might have a charismatic on our hands) I told Josh I appreciated the prayers but I didn’t hear a single word he said, I was too excited:)
Optimus has been growing this week too, he has added eyebrows, eyelashes, and the tiny bones in his ears are in place this week, making it likely that the he can hear my voice when I’m speaking (or singing in the car). Studies have found that babies who are sung to while they're in the womb recognize the same tune when it's sung to them after they are born (Optimus is going to be well versed in the best of 90’s alternative:). Optimus’ backbone (along with the back muscles) is stronger now — strong enough, in fact, to enable him to work on straightening his head and neck even more. He's crown-to-rump measurement is approximately five inches in length (about the size of a mango), and weight is hovering around three ounces since he hasn’t added any baby fat yet. My friend Kara has named him Mango Morgan for now:)
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can we call you mango mama???
Post a Comment