Optimus is about the size of a clenched fist (he can actually clench his own fists at this point) and he's sporting a downy coating of hair that keeps him nice and warm. Not to worry —baby fat will accumulate over the next few months, keeping him warm and toasty — and allowing most of that hair to shed. As Optimus continues to grow he has the coordination, strength, and smarts to wiggle his fingers and toes and even suck a thumb. He is on the move almost constantly — and those movements are a far cry from those jerky twitches of last trimester, they are now ballet-like, smooth and fluid. Although I won’t feel any of them until almost 16 weeks.
I am starting to feel pregnancy aches on the lower sides of my abdomen as the muscles and ligaments that support my growing uterus stretch. And I am getting more comments like, “Oh wow! There really is a baby in there!” as my stomach continues to stick out. (I promise I will post evidence of my new stomach soon) I had no idea how many fitted shirts I owned until I had a not so flat stomach to pull them over :) Josh checks/pokes/rubs my stomach daily, checking on “the kid” and has been to every doctor’s appointment with me. He said he plans on coming to all of them. I told him he didn’t have to but he said, “I can’t imagine you going to the doctor, something happening, and then you being there all by yourself.” He’s a keeper:)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment