As we were coming home from Bible school tonight Ansley suddenly said, "Mom guess what?! I got saved tonight!"
I was definitely caught off guard and got a little quiet. I started
asking her a few questions. This is something we have been talking about for at least a year... Answering questions and trying to gauge where she was spiritually. We wanted to make sure she fully understood the weight of her sin and her need for a Savior. We pulled in the driveway and she jumped out
of the car her to tell her dad. She immediately started crying telling
her dad. Dusty walked up and she announced to him that she got saved. A
few seconds later Brandon walked up and she made sure to tell him too.
Brandon started asking her some questions and she immediately got
nervous… I could tell by the way she was fidgeting answering his
questions. So I told her to tell them good night and I went into talk to
her. She said that Christa told a story about being stuck down in a
cave and ask the kids what could get them out. She told them that people
who are not Christians were like her in the cave… They were separated
from God because of their sins. Ansley said she smiled because she knew
she was one of those people. Then Christa told them to pray after her, she
said that she told God she knew she was a sinner and that she was very
sorry and she knew that God didn't like it when she sinned and she
didn't want to do that anymore. She started to get teary-eyed talking to
me about it too… Because her next question she asked was about having
to get baptized. When I told her that Jesus was baptized as an example,
so we should get baptized as well she seem to almost immediately be okay with
it. She said she wanted to be baptized in the river because that is
where Jesus was baptized. Then she told me she wanted to be baptized in
the summer because not many people come to church in the summer. It is something that we have prayed for our daughter since we found out we were pregnant, that she would come to know and love Jesus at an early age. Even at 6 years old, there has been a change in my daughter's heart. Praise Jesus.
Monday, June 6, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment