Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday Traditions

Josh and I have very different black Friday traditions... he likes to spend it in the mountains, in solitude, hunting.  I like to spend it in Target and the mall with my mom, sister, and cousins with all of the other crazies out shopping.  We had agreed to an every other year rotation with the kids... last year Josh stayed home with Ansley and I went out kid free. But this year the guys really didn't get a plan together to go hunting and I think Josh was feeling super gracious because he volunteered to stay home this year and let me go kid free again.  Good good man.  And it doesn't matter how tired I am, my Christmas tree is going up on black Friday.  We use an artificial tree and I am all about celebrating Christmas for as long as I can without encroaching on Thanksgiving.  This year we hit some glitches with the lights... we lost a few strands and when Josh went to go buy more (at Walmart... on black Friday... good, good man...) they were a totally different color.  It didn't matter what kind of lens we put on the camera... it looked bad.



The main tree may have been put on hold until we could buy more lights but that didn't stop Ansley from decorating her tree with her ornaments.



Note Isaac sleeping in the background... very excited, clearly.



Ansley got to pick to out her own ornament this year and Cinderella won out.  Fitting since that was the character she dressed up as for Halloween.



So proud of her final product.



We did finally get the light situation worked out and got the tree decorated the next day.  Ansley proved to be as type A as her mother, perfectly spacing the ornaments she placed.  I love that about her :)  And Isaac got his 1st Christmas ornament from Nana and Poppa that is just like Ansley's.... a Lennox "Pea in the Pod" ornament with his birthday on the top.



Black Friday also marks the return of Buddy the Elf... who is already proving to be michevious...




No comments: