Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

The thought of turning 31 didn't stress me out any where near as much as the idea of turning 30 did last year.  I don't know if it was the fact that I was already over the "30 hurdle" or the fact that was about to POP and really didn't want to share my birthday with my son.  I know that sounds really selfish (and it kind of is) but anyone who knows me knows how big of a deal my birthday is to me.  And it's not just my birthday, ALL birthdays are a big deal to me.  I don't want anyone to have to share their birthday.  Fortunately, my son was on the same page and was kind enough to postpone his arrival for a few more days.

Like I said, birthdays are a big deal to me.  I get a birthday week.  Normally this is something that my husband begrudgingly humors me on, but this year he totally stepped up.  I think it was in effort to make sure I didn't feel like my birthday was forgotten with all of the anticipation of Isaac.  I woke up to this every morning of my birthday week:



Every day there was a different gourmet candy bar with a note.

The day before my birthday it was a box of variety Ghirardelli squares.



The morning of my birthday I woke up to fresh Starbucks coffee in bed and biscuit from Daddy D's.



Best. Husband.  Ever. 

On my actually birthday we went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom because even though I am supposed to be a "grown up" pizza is still one of my absolute favorite things to eat.  So I had no problem polishing this off:



As if that wasn't enough, at my birthday dinner with my parent's he and my family surprised me with something I have been wanting for a few years now.  A Nikkon camera.  As you can tell from the photo series below, I was more than a little excited.







What can I say, I'm a little animated :) I have been wanting a new camera since we had Ansley.  I wanted to be able to take better pictures of my children, especially knowing that Ansley would be starting soccer soon and my digital camera just wouldn't be able to keep up.  This camera will MORE than keep up... Josh did his homework and bought a camera that will do more than I need it to and do it with super high resolution pictures.  And did I mention that it is red!? I could not have asked for a better birthday.  This getting older thing isn't so bad after all.

No comments: