Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mommy Pre K

I don't know why, but Ansley has been obsessed with the idea of going to school lately.  I don't know where she gets the fascination from, unless she has learned it from Daniel the Tiger.  She kept asking when she could go to school and I told her with an October birthday, she would have to wait until she was 6.  This was not a satisfactory answer for my 3 year old.  So I decided, what the heck, she wants to go to school so bad, we'll have school here.  I found a Leap Frog writing workbook and lined dry erase board (thank you Target dollar spot) and we set up Mommy Pre K.  I had already decided that "school" wasn't something I was going to push at 3.  We would do it Monday thru Friday for as long as she could focus. 



Most days we only do it for 15-20 minutes.  We review the letters she has already learned and then practice a new one.  This was her first attempt at the letter A.



I know I'm her mom, but I was impressed!



Things have continued to progress nicely, she is just as type A as I expected her to be and she doesn't like to hear that her letter isn't perfect.  The perk of doing Mommy Pre K is that if the student (or teacher) is feeling a little under the weather or overly tired, we can just post pone our newest letter to the next day.  After we finish learning out letters we'll move on to numbers.  After that, we may have to consult Aunt Shelley, our personal Pre K consultant :)

No comments: