Monday, March 4, 2013

Counter Conversations

Ansley loves to sit on the counter while I cook dinner.  Sometimes she helps, sometimes she just talks to me while I get everything ready.  It never ceases to amaze me what goes on in that little head of hers.  This was tonight's conversation:

A: "Mom, am I in sin to God?"

M: "Well, yes baby you are... Sin is when we do something that God doesn't want us to do.  What should you do?"

A: *slumps her shoulders* "Do what He asks to the first time?"

M: "Well, yes, but if you do something God doesn't like you should ask him to forgive you, tell Him you're sorry."

A: "Mom, can you do that for me?"

M: "No baby, you need to tell Him you're sorry yourself."

A: "I can't!"

M: "Why not?"

A: "Because I haven't done anything wrong yet!"

The conversation went downhill from there.  I got really tickled when she said, "Do what He asks the first time?" because that is an ongoing lesson around here.  But there was definitely truth in her statement.   I pray that she continues to seek after God and the truth and that I am ready to answer her questions.


No comments: