Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The 4th of July

The 4th of July is a big deal around here.  REALLY big.  And I would love to tell you it is because we are just SUPER patriotic.  While we are very grateful for our service men and for our freedoms in this nation, the 4th combines 2 of our favorite things: I get to have a ton of people over and Josh gets to blow things up.  Josh and some of his friends pool their funds and spend SERIOUS money on fireworks every year.  Seriously, we put the city's show to shame and this year was no different.  We had about 20 people over, all of our neighbors pulled out their grills out, and we had our own block party.



The show lasted a good 30-45 minutes.  I love fireworks :)



Last year our daughter cried and wanted to inside to sleep thru the fireworks.  Josh told her he had a "special headband" for her to wear during the fireworks that would keep her safe.  The special headband, bitty blanket, and Ms Fonda and she was good to go!

No comments: