Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is always a reminder of what great men I have in my life. My dad was my first Valentine and he always does something special for Shelley and me. My husband planned a day long date that started with lunch at Mellow Mushroom. The way to my heart is thru pizza and steak and wouldn't you know, we were going out for steak that night :) He also let me pick the movie, and of course I picked The Vow. He sent me tulips that bloomed beautifully.





Valentine's day was family affair and I used my daughter as an excuse to make cheesy pink and red crafts that we gave out to our family. I also dressed her in pants that were covered in hearts because when you're 2 you can totally rock it.



And since I didn't have any heart cookie cutters, we had star peanut butter sandwiches with sprinkles.



Dinner was a family affair since Josh and I had already celebrated. I tried a new white chicken lasagna recipe, set the table with table cloth and candles, and the three of us had a romantic dinner at 5:30 pm :) And because Ansley has a good Daddy too, she got a puppy dog that is bigger than she is.



This massive dog sleeps in her bed every night. We are 2 lucky ladies.

No comments: