Friday, August 6, 2010

9 months old, 18 lbs 2

I didn’t know I could love a little one so much. I can’t hug her tight enough when I get home. I can’t get enough of her bulldog face. She is the most amazing little person ever. And the older she gets the more this fun little personality I see.

She is trying so hard to talk. There really was never any doubt she’d be a chatty child, she comes by it honestly. Ansley will rattle off incoherent syllables and screams and then look at you like, “So, what do you think?” I’ve heard mimicking them is the best form of flattery/encouragement, so I squeal right back and it becomes a battle to be the loudest. We get a little louder each time and she smiles at me after her turn, she’s so proud of herself. (I’m sure I will regret encouraging the volume at some point, but right now it’s our fun little game) She has finally added “Dada” to her vocabulary and Josh is thrilled. She seemed to master her consonants backwards, M, P, B, and then D. And I love that not only is she vocal, she has “happy hands”. The more excited she gets the more those hands move.

Her bulldog face is her newest expression and Josh and I always die laughing when she does it. She smiles, scrunches up her whole face, and then breathes thru her nose a few times. And Diva’s got some cheeks, which only makes it cuter.

Ansley is also proving to be a “do it myself” kid. We have quickly given up baby food for table food for the sole reason that she can feed herself. Once she realized that she could do it the spoon went out the window. And I’m pretty sure the child would live on cheerios if I let her. She loves green beans, carrots, blueberries, bananas, and BREAD. Goodness does that girl love her carbs. She sees you eating a biscuit, something on a bun, or a sandwich she crawls right over.

Nana makes sure that Ansley gets some sunshine every day and she loves being outside. If mom walks towards the back door or Kira (my mom’s dog) goes to the back door, Ansley starts kicking her legs and then gets upset if it isn’t time to go outside. She swings, tries to catch butterflies (mom said she’s getting close), and LOVES to feed the goats. My parent’s neighbor has a pasture with approximately 6 miniature goats and mom will take old bread and let Ansley feed them. True to her nickname though, Diva does not like to stand in the grass.

It hit me yesterday that I will have to start planning her birthday party soon. Birthdays are always a big deal to me and this is her first! 3 months should be enough time to plan a party:)

No comments: