Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Half Birthday!

Diva was 6 months on April 30th so we had a half birthday party! Birthdays are a HUGE deal to me (I get a birthday week every year) and when I saw where another mom had done this I filed the idea away for later. It was a small party, just Diva, Dad, and me with her half cake for her half birthday.

It all started with her special plate, hand painted by her Aunt Shelley…



Sprinkles make even my worst attempts at a half cake look better…



She wasn’t too sure what to do with the cake, especially since we had just started solids a few days prior, but she was fascinated by the sprinkles and kept wanting to touch it.



We tried a little bit of icing, but she just spit that back out…






I am happy to report that my child remained pretty clean thru this process (with the exception of the few sprinkles that got in her hair). The rest of us, however, were not so fortunate. My shirt, Josh’s shirt, and my table cloth were covered in chocolate icing compliments of Diva’s hands. Josh and I consoled ourselves with very large pieces of cake after Diva went to bed. Happy Half Birthday to my little girl!

No comments: