Ansley's eyes — which have been closed for the past few months so that the retina could develop — are now beginning to open. The iris, the color part of her eye, is still forming so it’s too early to tell what color her eyes will be yet. Her brain-wave activity is also kicking in at this stage in development, which means she can not only hear noises but can now also respond to them. (I experienced this first hand when Josh decided to say rather loudly, “Wake up!” into my stomach. Ansley then proceeded kick and pitch and roll the entire time I was trying to take a nap)
I am still feeling really good, minus the awkwardness that takes over when I’m trying to get up and down from the bed or the floor. I am also increasingly aware of my lower energy levels and the fuzziness that this produces in my mind. I went to work last Friday with my shirt on inside out and didn’t notice until a coworker pointed it out to me after I had already been there for at least an hour. (note: I had already been to the bathroom and seen myself in the mirror at least TWICE at that point) I was humiliated. I had been out late 2 nights in a row (and by late, I mean 11 pm) and clearly was not functioning at 100%.
Josh and I worked in Ansley’s room Sunday night, our former guest room, going thru everything and either moving it to the basement, attic, office, or trash. Like I mentioned last week, as I watch days and then weeks go by on the calendar, I am becoming more and more aware of what I need to get done. I would like to do it in phases so there isn’t a mad rush right at the end but I feel a little behind right now. I am off on Friday and am hoping that mom and I can knock out painting the nursery in a few hours and that alone will make me feel MUCH better. A friend at church was kind enough to remind me that as long as she has a bed, food, and diapers Ansley could care less if the nursery is finished when she gets here. Her mother, on the other hand, might care. A lot :)
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I vote for brown eyes... they're my favorite :)...
Post a Comment