Thursday, March 26, 2009
The smallest, quickest heart I’ve ever seen….
We had our first doctor’s appointment yesterday. I was surprised at how nervous I got when we got to the doctor’s office! Fortunately Josh was with me and he has the ability to talk me down out of my tree and keep me calm. We went back and went over all the medical history and the bajillion questions they ask you before we got to the good stuff. We found out that the due date is October 28th instead of the 25th so I was nine weeks exactly yesterday. I got a little worried when she said that we couldn’t hear the heartbeat that early (and because apparently my uterus is tilted towards my spine) but then she said she was going to get the ultrasound machine. *whew* I just needed some kind of confirmation that everything was okay with Optimus. She put that cold stuff on my stomach and took what felt like an ETERNITY to find him. Josh said it was only a few seconds, but my mind was reeling with thoughts like “What if she can’t find anything?” “This is taking too long, is something wrong?” And then there he was. Wow. The little heart was going nuts… I’ve never seen anything like it. Ever. They said that Optimus is approximately 2 inches long and that his little heart is barely the size of the tip of your pinky finger. I didn’t think to ask them to print any pictures off (I was in shock) and they didn’t offer, but I am going back at 12 weeks to hear the heartbeat and maybe they will do another ultrasound then. I am so glad that Josh got to come with me, it really made it real for him to see it on the screen and there is just something special about seeing it for the first time. And for those of you were wondering, there was only one:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!!! Can I just say that I'm so excited to be one of the 28 people who have read your blog...and I know that I'm at least 4 of those visits!!
Wow, guys i am so excited you both will make awesome parents. And trust me i kind of have that excitment feeling not with my own child however with my sister. She is due anyday now and i will have a neice, i remember the ultrasound and hearing the heart! it is yet another awesome way that God shows us he power! Blessings!
Don
That is awesome!! I think its cool Josh was with you. Mommy and Daddy watching baby's first video! Rock on Optimus!!
Anne
Post a Comment