Ansley and I did some Valentine's Day baking to get in the spirit of things... pink coconut macaroons and cards for the family and chocolate dipped pretzel sticks for her Puggles class at church. One new big thing this year was that Ansley got to pick out her first box of Valentine's Day cards at Target. And I must say, it was a moment of pride when in the midst of Hello Kitty, Barbie, and Princess cards my daughter chose the cards that came with the magic capsules. (you know those things you put in water that dissolve into shapes, animals etc).
We had a big family dinner the day of and Ansley got her present from her Daddy. She specifically asked if he could get her a Barbie. Daddy came thru for his girl.
This was something that was really important to Josh that she own, Peter Pan!
And the kid loves cards.
Actually, when she opened her card from Josh she said, "Daddy, I always knew I wanted a pony card!!" Precious.
Daddy and his girl.
And of course she made a card for her Daddy as well.
After a huge dinner of bacon wrapped filets and the Pioneer Woman's fancy mac n cheese, we settled in to watch Peter Pan with our caramel pretzel cheesecake. When the movie ended Ansley broke out into applause and then gave her Daddy a HUGE bear hug. Our Valentine's Day celebrations are a little different around here these days but I wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment